Terms and Conditions for Tutoring Registration form
(Effective 1st January, 2013)
Booking lessons with KTL Tuition means you agree to the terms and conditions set out in this document. Please be sure to read it and ask for clarification of any points you are unsure of.
- Shannon Leahy is the administrator for all tuition. All communications to Shannon are either by
E: email@example.com or M: 021 2950089
- Please note any communication that impact on bookings and cancellations must be in writing via email.
- Tutors are prohibited from passing on their mobile numbers, contact addresses or email addresses. Written communications to a tutor can be made via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parents are welcome to discuss their child’s tuition, please make an appointment or come along at the beginning or five minutes from the end of a session. Please indicate via email that you wish to do so.
- Tutors have no involvement with billing, payments, bookings or cancellations. Contact Shannon Leahy via email or text/mobile.
- All bookings must be made by the authorized person (parent/caregiver) who is paying for the tutoring and named the client.
- Bookings are made via the website
- Please remember a confirmed booking is a legal contract and the client is liable for all billing that comes from it.
- KTL Tution follows a school year; students should assume there is NO tutoring on a public holiday unless otherwise informed.
- Extra tuition is available in the holiday periods, there will be an administrative fee of $10 due for each set of lessons in each holidays, a separate booking form will be available two weeks prior to each term’s school holidays. An email will be sent as a reminder.
Administration /resource/photocopying fees
- There is a one-off annual adminstration for all students of $10 to process the application and for incidental stationery and photocopying, second subjects incur a fee of $5.00 and subsequent subjects no charge.
- KTL Tuition reserves the right to adjust fees from time to time as it sees fit. (It is not anticipated any changes will be made during 2013). Fee changes will be notified to clients via email and on client invoices for the term preceding the fee change.
- An ongoing client is someone who attends weekly for an indefinite time e.g once a week. This runs on a term by term basis. Once a day and time slot has been allocated via the online booking system, it is considered to be a permanent weekly booking until the client cancels it in writing (via email).
- Ongoing clients are invoiced at the beginning of each term, full payments are due within two weeks, KTL does not have Efpost, payments can be made online (preferred) or by cheque/cash but must be in a sealed envelope with the student’s name clearly marked.
- Arrangements can be made to schedule payments, but this must be made with accounts within three working days from when the invoice is emailed. In the extreme event that fees are left unpaid for 60 days, the invoice will be passed to a credit management agency for recovery and a service charge of 20% of the unpaid invoice will be levied on top of the outstanding tutoring fees.
Permanent Cancellations for ongoing clients
- All permanent cancellations must be made by the authorized client who has an account with KTL Tution. In the case of school students it is the parent/caregiver to whom the billing is made. Students cannot cancel or postpone tuition. Older children (Year 11-13) are welcome to inform us of upcoming cancellations but this must be also be followed by an email or text before the cancellation can be confirmed and invoicing ceases.
Cancellation due to school events
- Ongoing clients should inform of cancellations e.g. school camp as soon as they know of them. For sudden cancellations you must inform Shannon via email at least two working days before the scheduled tutoring session is to be cancelled. E.g. a Tuesday lesson should be cancelled the previous Friday at the latest. Lessons that are cancelled properly will have a make-up lesson offered.
- A make-up lesson will not be given when it is clear that reasonable notice could have been given and was not e.g. school camp, sport’s event, examination. Please remember our tutors often travel distances to tutor your child.
- Emailed notification should be made by clients regarding students who wish to take a break of three or more weeks (travel etc), notification is required to be at least one week prior to the break. KTL Tuition reserves the right to allocate the slot to another student although alternatives will be offered as close to the original booking as possible.
- Please let us know as soon as you can if your son/daughter cannot attend due to ill-health. It is expected this will be at least by ten a.m. on the day of the tutoring. We will do our best to provide a make-up lesson. Please do not expect a make-up lesson if an email or call is made after this time.
- Students attending holiday courses or extra tutoring must have their invoice settled in full before the tuition commences. Cancellations up to a week prior will incur a cancellation/administration fee of 20%. Cancellations received after the commencement of the tutoring will forfeit the entire fee.
KTL reserves the right to cancel lessons at any time, we will do our utmost to give as much warning as possible and refund any outstanding sessions paid for.
School term dates
|Start Date||End Date|
|Term 1||Monday 28 January(at the earliest); and
Thursday 7 February(at the latest)
|Friday 19 April
|Term 2||Monday 2 May||Friday 8 July
|Term 3||Monday 25 July||Friday 23 Sep
|Term 4||Monday 10 October||No later than Friday 20 Dec
KTL Tuition, 642 New North Road, Mt. Albert – 1022.
Email – email@example.com